Sunday, November 24, 2019

Thanksgiving Outfit Ideas

It's officially the most wonderful time of the year: crisp air, football, twinkle lights, Christmas music, and food-- so much food.

Thanksgiving is this Thursday, so I am sharing some outfit ideas that are both cute and comfortable (as is pretty much everything I wear), but also allows a little room to grow with that second helping of dinner or third slice of my mum's pumpkin pie. If your family meals are anything like mine, you see the importance of this.

The first outfit is a checkered jumper, which I like because you can style it with a cardigan, like I did here, or with a long sleeved t-shirt layered underneath it overalls-style. I paired it with my favorite boots and a bow to hold my hair out of my face. The dress is stretchy, which is a plus.
Checkered jumper...and it has pockets!
Dutch braid held back with a Wunderkin velvet bow


My second outfit is a layered look: a cream-colored crew sweater over a flannel babydoll top with a pair of high-waisted jeans (perfect to conceal the food baby). I left my hair down for this, and paired the menswear-inspired outfit with a large-face watch and my Thursdays boots again (\I've had these boots for three years and they only get more comfortable).
Playing in the leaves!

Thursdays boots

I love layering plaid under cream. 

Possibly my favorite look. 


This corduroy babydoll dress is basically the color of Thanksgiving. I love the loose flowy style, and I paired it with a pair of black flats and a black pearl-studded headband. The headband is cute but functional, which is the key to accessorizing. It looks like I put a bit of effort in, but it's also keeping my hair out of the way so I can focus on Shelley's pumpkin cheesecake (clearly I just show up for the desserts).
Ankle strap flats and a headband to tie it together 

The fourth outfit is another layered look. I have a navy floral shift dress under a turtleneck sweater and-- you guessed it-- my Thursdays boots, again. I used a sage headband from Little J to tie in the colors of the floral print on the dress and pulled my hair into a braided bun.



My last outfit is the one that most focuses on comfort over aesthetic. I wore a pair of mid-rise moto leggings (stretch!) with an oversized chenille turtleneck sweater and my Chelsea boots (a summer sale snag from a couple of years ago). My hair gets tangled with any kind of collar or hood, so I styled it in a loose twist with some French pins and pulled pieces out to make it look undone and casual.
French pins twist



I hope that this gives you some inspiration, especially if you are like me and stare at a full closet lamenting that you have nothing to wear. Happy Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

  1. Really cute outfits! Love fall colors! Your hair looks great. You should put your information on about the Braid Fairy!!! Love you! Mummy

    ReplyDelete

Heads Carolina, Tails California

 If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I’ve asked that question a lot lately, both to my family and myself.  I never thought I’d st...