Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Heads Carolina, Tails California

 If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

I’ve asked that question a lot lately, both to my family and myself. 

I never thought I’d stay in Pennsylvania forever— I have serious wanderlust and there is just so much world out there. But where is a good place to make a home?

Sometimes I fantasize about living in the Carolinas (less as of late, although the low country will always hold a place in my heart). Often, I dream of living in Southern California. After our honeymoon in Laguna Beach, we contemplated ways we could make a home out there. So far we are coming up short! Haha. 

I picture myself living in Salem, Massachusetts or Camden, Maine… crunching through the colorful autumn leaves with Shelley and Draco and walking down the churning coast. 

I imagine New York, and briskly walking down a sidewalk to get to my destination, fulfilling yearnings brought to me by Seinfeld, I Love Lucy, & Home Alone. 

I picture us on a little island in the Caribbean, my hair curly and undone, wearing gauzy dresses and playing guitar on a beach outside our restaurant. 

Or wandering through the streets of a Mediterranean city, living the slow life. 

We could be in France, living my provincial life as I burst open a window in Alsace. 

With the way things have been going lately, the ideal of dual citizenship has become increasingly more appealing. 

What about you? If you could go anywhere, humble readership, where would you go? Have you planted roots where you are, or is your wanderlust as exuberant as mine?


Heads Carolina 

Tails California 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Heads Carolina, Tails California

 If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I’ve asked that question a lot lately, both to my family and myself.  I never thought I’d st...