Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Four Favorites: Loungewear

If you're anything like me, you haven't worn pants with buttons in about two months. I am not the kind of person to lounge around in a pair of jeans-- no matter how comfortable-- but I have worn dresses a few days just to shake up the endless cycle of sweatpants. 


I recently decided to upgrade my little selection of athleisure so that I wasn't constantly borrowing Shelley's (vastly superior) collection. I'm sharing my four favorites to wear into the spring. 

1) If you have legs, these Aerie leggings are the best pants I've ever owned, period. I've worn them to bed, under a dress, to do yoga-- they're comfortable and flattering and basically blow all other leggings out of the water.

Aerie Play Real Me High Waisted 7/8 Legging
Image from Aerie

2) This hoodie from Old Navy comes in so many colors-- I ordered the charcoal and the yellow (which I have worn pretty much since I got it). It's super soft and lightweight, so it would be perfect as a swim coverup or nights on the beach (ah, remember when...). The best part is it's on sale and Old Navy always has pretty great coupons too. 

Relaxed Lightweight Slub-Knit Zip Hoodie for Women
Image from Old Navy
 
3)  These pants from Amazon. They're supposed to be joggers, but they're a little more fitted than I am used to, though this could just be because usually I wear men's sweatpant joggers. They are like $12 and butter-soft. These also come in some fun colors and have a pretty deep pocket. I have such an issue with how girl pants have pockets barely big enough to fit a Chapstick in, so that made me pretty happy. 

4) This star hoodie from Dottie Couture. I used to shop at Dottie all the time before I worked from home, but this hoodie had the cute stars and my favorite color, so I couldn't pass it up. I've been rotating this one out with the sunny yellow Old Navy one. This hoodie comes in pink too, but I prefer the blue. 

Image from Dottie Couture 

One day, we'll all be able to participate in society and wear real people clothes again, but for now, I'm not mad about being able to wear things that are soft, freeing, and comfortable. I like these options because they still look cute in spite of being comfortable, and that confidence is one of the biggest forms of self-care.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heads Carolina, Tails California

 If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I’ve asked that question a lot lately, both to my family and myself.  I never thought I’d st...